Monday, February 22, 2010

Student Christopher Menifield miniblog about our Student Advisory Board

Ever since I’ve heard about the Student Advisory Board I knew that I wanted to become a member. Not for the recognition, but because I knew that I might be able to make a difference. There are so many things that this school has to offer us as students, and I knew that being involved with the Student Advisory Board would allow me to be apart of that experience. Last week I was asked to come to a Student Advisory Board meeting. I had an enriched feeling when I was asked to come. Knowing that I could have the opportunity to be involved in something that I’ve longed to be apart of is truly an exhilarating feeling. The meeting was great. I gave my input on a lot of things and I’ve committed to a number of things that needed to be done for the advisory board. After the meeting I was informed that they wanted me to be a “shadow board member” which is me just coming to the next three meetings and if they approve of me, then I’ll officially be a part of the board. I’ve truly been having a wonderful time with this group and I’m hoping that we can continue to progress to an extremely productive future. I can’t wait until the next time we meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment