Thursday, January 26, 2012

Micro-Blog: Courtney Wimmer

Sometimes we all wish we could fly away from the stresses of life. Sometimes we wish we could escape for just a little bit, and when we get to that place in our head we just need to step back and clear our mind so we have the room to think up there; to know why we are here and what we keep fighting for. My life has changed so much from the time I walked into the doors of The Chef’s Academy to right now.  There was a point when I said, “Why am I doing this to myself? I’m living out of my car, going to work and school.” The “what if’s?” start coming and you start down that road, the dark side of the road. I have met the dark side of the road one too many times but I continue to find out how to turn around. The family that I have made here at The Chef’s Academy is the best thing that has happened to me. Without them I don’t know what I would have done. Being in a small school everyone knows who you are and they care about you. I have one of the best, most caring Chef’s in the world, Chef Stolfo. She took it upon herself to introduce me to a class mate that has gone through what I was going through. Chef Stolfo encouraged me to talk to this student over Christmas break, and when I did, the student said that I could come and live with her until I could get back on my feet again. Then we have this amazing counselor named Leslie that no matter what she is there to help you, even if you are there just to cry. But knowing that there are people that want to see you reach the stars and get to where you are trying to go is amazing. I see that all you have to do is open your eyes and see the people that are placed in your life for a reason to help you. So if I could give you any advice it would be: don’t give up on what ever you want, even if the road you’re on is hard. You are meant to be on it, just find the reason. Don’t give up, just ask …….. I did!  

No comments:

Post a Comment