Thursday, June 14, 2012

Micro Blog: Catheryne Horton


Catheryne Horton’s Blog for The Chef’s Academy

Hello, my name is Catheryne Horton and I am new to the blogs so please bear with me. I know that I will get the hang of writing one soon.

I wanted to let you know that in the past 13 weeks that I have been at the school it has been the most rewarding thing that I have done. I have learned so much that I didn’t realize you needed to know when it comes to cooking.

Yesterday in class we learned about different sauces. Who knew that there were so many and that most of them start by using the same basic sauce? They call this a “leading sauce” or “mother sauce.” You can make the “starter” then you can make 4 or 5 different ones from that.

We have yet another quiz in class today. We had a quiz on Tuesday and I was amazed at myself that I got 100 on mine. That is the first 100 I have ever received on any test or quiz. I was very proud of myself. I hope that I can continue to get those kinds of grades.

Well tomorrow we are back on sauces in class but I know that we are making several more and they are going to be good. I will let you know how it goes.
Thanks for reading and have a great day!!!!

1 comment: