Friday, March 22, 2013

Student Micro Blog: Carl Ciprian


The hardest lesson for me to coming to The Chef’s Academy was learning my knife skills. Being able to rough chop things was already a skill I had, but being able to do it accurately is a whole different story. Knife skills is one skill that you will be doing for the rest of your life. I’ve made some bad knife cuts, and I’ve made some good ones. Will you always make the perfect cut with precision accuracy and speed? No, everyone will make mistakes whether you have just started your first day, or you have practiced knife skills your whole life. For every knife cut you make, you are improving yourself, and the quality of your work. So get out there and practice, practice, practice! Also be sure to have some Band-Aid’s and finger cots nearby!

No comments:

Post a Comment