Thursday, March 7, 2013

Student Micro Blog: Cassandra Bellinger


What I like most about my kitchen courses is how wonderful the chefs are. The chef’s are always willing to assist and encourage you when you make a mistake. I feel that having chef’s that are passionate gives me a better educational experience. The chef’s makes it so easy for you to come and talk to them. They never intimidate you or make you feel like you are asking a dumb question. I appreciate the sense of urgency that is instilled in us because that’s what we will experience out in the industry. I enjoyed experimenting with different foods that I’ve never eaten before. Even though this is my second term I have l learned so much about cooking on a professional level. I’m so eager to see what exciting new things that is in store for me next term. My advice I have for students is, when you enter the kitchen and working in your groups, make sure you try to keep a positive attitude. In the kitchen everyone will not agree on everything. It’s important to have communication within your group. Trust me; things will be a lot easier. Don’t let the disagreement in the kitchen make you lose sight of what you want to achieve at TCA. Stay focused. Remember, there is no “I” in teamwork. I will end my blog with this quote by Bill Bradley: “Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it (Bill Bradley).”

          

No comments:

Post a Comment