This post is to present the rules and guidelines of the "Who's Left Cooking" student competition that is going to be taking place in April.
The Chef’s Academy “Who’s Left Cooking?” Competition
• 16 teams, 3 people on a team. All teams must pre-register and PRE-PAY in order to reserve their spot in the competition. Each team should have a name.
• Cost: $10/person or $30/team
• Each team gets a mystery box with ingredients. The mystery boxes will be created by Chef Tony.
• All items in the box have to be used to create the dish, and all of the waste has to be measured. The amount of waste each team produces will be part of the scoring.
• There will be a community pantry that the teams will be allowed to use to supplement their dishes, however, the items will be very basic (butter, oil, seasonings, flour, etc.).
• No outside food or beverages will be allowed in the competition.
• All teams are responsible for cleaning up their station at the end of every round. The judges will be inspecting the cleanliness of the area and it will factor in to the team’s score at the end of each round.
• Teams are NOT allowed to use their own china. Everyone must use the china provided by The Chef’s Academy.
• Judges will be selected by Chef Tony and will be local artisans.
• The winners will receive an ACF student membership.
There will be 4 rounds, each round will last 1 hour:
Round 1: Appetizer
Round 2: Fish
Round 3: Protein/Entree
Round 4: Dessert
The teams and the start times will be decided by luck of the draw. We will have two hats: one hat containing the names of the teams, and the second hat with the start times. Leslie Hale will pick the names and times out of the hats. You will be notified what your time slot is once it has been determined.
Round 1 begins at 8am on Friday, April 16, 2010. There will be sixteen teams competing in round 1. We will stagger the teams in groups of 4. The first heat will begin at 8am, second heat will begin at 10am, third heat will begin at 12pm, and the fourth heat will begin at 2pm. At the end of the first round, there will only be eight teams left, the other eight will be eliminated.
Round 2 begins at 8am on Friday, April 23, 2010. There will be eight teams competing in round 2. We will stagger the teams again in groups of 4. The first heat will begin at 8am, and the second heat will begin at 10am. At the end of the second round, there will only be four teams left, the other four will be eliminated.
Round 3 and 4 will take place on Friday, April 30, 2010. The third round will have four teams competing. All four teams will compete at the same time beginning at 8am. After the third round, two teams will be eliminated and the other two teams will move on to round 4.
The fourth round will take place directly after the third round, and there will be two teams competing. The winner of this round will be the winner of the competition, and WHO’S LEFT COOKING!
7 years ago