Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Student Advisory Board member Patrick Rose microblog


Working for a catering company that serves students everyday, which also does events, I come into contact with a lot of food. This week however was really cool. My boss/ executive chef had to leave for another branch. So for my station he said, “make a pasta dish and have fun with it.” I decided that I would make a chicken fettuccine Alfredo, served with an assortment of green vegetables topped with fresh shredded Parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper. I have never seen my station as busy as it was that night. One of the students that ate my dish came up to me when I got off and said,
“You’re in school to be a chef right?”
I answered, “Yeah I am, why?”
“Because you are a really good cook, nobody else that works here takes care of us as well as you do.” Before I could respond he was already walking away. It is times and situations like these that all the stress of the culinary field is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment