Friday, September 9, 2011

Micro-Blog from Brett Ouimet


Fear causes hesitation

For the past 20 years or so, I have often thought about going back to school or changing careers, but always told myself that I couldn’t. I guess I was hesitant of the change or the difference in salary.  I was laid off in the beginning of 2011, after 14 years at the same company.  After a few months I realized that time is now. I needed a change, a new direction. Something bigger, something better. 

When I heard that The Chef’s Academy was opening in Morrisville, something just “clicked”. I love to cook. I love food. I’ve been eating all of my life. It had my name written all over it! Fear set in as I enrolled, but something was pushing me to do it. After a few days I was very comfortable with the facility, the instructors and the staff. My fellow students were just as eager and excited as I was. I knew that this was the right move for me. It’s week 5 and I’m loving every minute of it.  I look forward to the endless possibilities and opportunities that lay ahead. 

Don’t let your fears control your actions. Life is what you make it and that’s a beautiful thing.

The man with the three fingered hand,
Brett Ouimet
The Chef's Academy North Carolina

No comments:

Post a Comment