Monday, September 26, 2011

Micro-Blog from Sheba Andrews

Last week during my Strategies for Success class, there was an exercise that required our class to visualize what our lives would be like in five years. I must admit that this was a very interesting exercise to me. My vision of my future was very vivid. I saw the house, car, family and career that I’ve always wanted. It was pretty interesting to say the least.  
After class, I couldn’t help but to wonder if five years ago I would have visualized being where I am today. Would I see myself trading in my wardrobe for a t-shirt, white jacket, checkerboard pants and little cap?  Would I see myself replacing a necklace with a neckerchief? Could I ever imagine trading my collection of shoes in for a comfy pair of black Crocs (without the holes)? And finally, would I see the passion upon my face as I am kneading dough? I don’t think that I would. However, I feel that attending The Chef’s Academy is a decision that I will never regret. I have learned so much over the past seven weeks and I look forward to learning more!! I may not truly know where my life’s path will lead me within the next five, ten or twenty years, but I’ll continue to walk one step at a time.

Fermenting my future,
Sheba Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment