Monday, September 19, 2011

Micro-Blog from Courtney Wimmer

Six months ago I did not even think that I would be sitting in college. I was never big on school, don’t get me wrong, I always made good grades, but never thought that I would want to go on and further my education. Here I am sitting in this amazing college doing something that I’m enjoying.
I was staying up late one night, studying for my high school finals when The Chefs Academy infomercial came on. My eyes lit up, and I started to think, “Can I do this?” I took the information down, then I talked it over with my family and they told me to go for it! So I did. The next day I applied for school. Two days later I heard from Shane, and he told me that he would love to meet with me to go over what the school had to offer me. The next week we met with Shane again. I was in my last semester in high school when I got the acceptance letter. Now look at me! I never thought I would be so happy doing something that I’m going to do for the rest of my life. I honestly can’t see myself being anywhere else!

Courtney Wimmer
The Chef's Academy North Carolina Pastry Student

No comments:

Post a Comment