Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Micro-Blog from Keno McKayhan

My first blog, ever!

So I started to think really hard about what to write. Should I talk about myself, students, the school, the classes, instructors, recipes or the staff?  What a wonderful problem to have.
Let’s start with me. Enrolling in culinary school has been a goal of mines for a very long time. Too make a long story short, there isn’t a place on earth that I would rather be…..from 9:40am to 4:30pm. Evenings are another matter. Talking to some of my fellow students it’s clear that I’m surrounded by other passionate foodies. What better place to achieve our goals than at the brand new and I mean brand spanking new Chef’s Academy in Morrisville. I haven’t been in school for a while so I was kind of nervous about how I would do in classes other than the kitchen, one month in, and I have surprised myself. I’m super motivated now. Yes, I came to learn to be a Chef and Chef Rusty is making sure we get off to a professional start. In just four weeks I’ve learned a lot about becoming a chef and it wasn’t all about cooking, even though we are cooking every day now. I say that to say this. I LOVE my psychology class with MS. McCamic featuring Lou Tice more than any other. Who would have thought? I will have to write a separate blog to get you to understand what it has done for my understanding of my mind. Powerful stuff. I could be late but better late than never. In one month every doubt that I had about starting my own business has vanished and all I can see is success.
Until the time.
Yours Truly,
The Kid in the Candy Store.
The Chef's Academy North Carolina

No comments:

Post a Comment